Saturday, April 14, 2012

TEARS OF REALITY - KYRGYZSTAN DONOR STORY




SOMETIMES THE REALITIES OF OUR LIVES JUST SEEM OVERWHELMING

Our son-in-law and daughter are here with us in Kyrgyzstan at this time.  Kim's friend (a LAMb Donor) sent a message on facebook - relating her feelings and emotions upon seeing our pictures from a village where LAMb delivered her precious Webkinz to children.  This is her beautiful moment of a reality we all might benefit from...

Thanks Jenn for the permission to post this - it is a blessing to hear your feelings.




"Those who know me well know I can get obsessive at times...like with Webkinz. Had to have every one, scoured the stores...but with time the fad waned. The stuffed animals sat in a bag in the closet. 


One day my dear friend (and former Webkinz enthusiast) asked if I would be willing to give them up so she could take them on her next mission trip to Kyrgyzstan and give them to the little children who would never dream of having such things. I kept a few of my favorite but most of them, some with tags still attached I gladly parted with. 


And today I wept after seeing the pictures...not the sniff sniff tears down the cheeks. Not the "I'm so happy I made a child's day halfway around the world". No the eyes clamped shut weeping. Not proud of myself at all. All the things I had to have, couldn't live without....I wept because I couldn't stand facing the fact that there are children, elderly, disabled and frankly plain unwanted people thrown into the streets like garbage...


While I comparatively live high on the hog. Next time I just have to have something, I'll think about that little girl clinging to that horse I grew bored of...that little girl 
who needs food, clothing, a roof over her head...."

JENNIFER GRUDNICKI

No comments:

Blog Archive