Sunday, March 22, 2015

"WHAT I COULD ONCE DO, I AM SO SORRY BECAUSE I NOW NEED HELP. CAN YOU HELP ME?"

BEING A SENIOR
ALONE
YET STILL WITH HOPES

Only one year ago my mother was here to help orphan children in our Jeremiah and Dayspring home learn to sew.  She was 85 years old.  

During her time here she met Valentina and they hit it off as good new friends.  They would sit and talk for hours outside our apartment  - sitting on the bench enjoying the beautiful Tien Shan mountains, the sunshine and the love of life.  One spoke English and NO Russian.  The other spoke Russian and NO English.  Yet, they conversed with passion, laughter and lots of gestures.  

Mom would come in and tell me stories of what they talked about.  I don't know - but she certainly seemed to have a sense of some real conversation.  Mom love Valentina and I do believe Valentina loved mom.  Mom went to be with the Lord in January of this year.  There was sadness in Kyrgyzstan when they heard of her death.  

Mom had planned to be with us again in Kyrgyzstan - in fact, here right now - once again helping the orphans, loving on Valentina and just leaving her mark.
Mother and Valentina
Valentina lost her husband and son - is now alone.  She has a sister in another city, but here in Tokmok, she is alone on the very bench where she sat with my mother - just one year ago.  She stopped my yesterday and asked, "Can you help me get someone to rake my garden?  I want it to be beautiful and I once could do this easy, but it is very hard this year."

To bring joy - to serve - to love on a senior - and to know the gift of giving, we asked our Dayspring children if they wanted to help?  We had five who were there at home at the time and they eagerly said YES!.  While other neighbourhood children were laughing and playing on the nearby swings and playground (that mother helped put in) our little Dayspring children laughed and enjoyed serving this very dear senior - in her winter years - VALENTINA IS STILL WITH HOPES - HOPE FOR BEAUTY IN HER GARDEN - ONE SHE WILL ALONE BE PLANTING, WATERING AND SEEING THE BEAUTY OF HER PRECIOUS FLOWERS UNFOLD.

And our Dayspring Children?  Growing with hope and dreams because of YOU!




Thank you all who help to support our Dayspring Family!  They are growing and unfolding in a beautiful way as well.

No comments:

Blog Archive